GAMMA® PRODUCT FAMILY
Technology: Dry Strip
Solutions: Transistor, Interconnect, Patterning, Advanced Memory, Packaging
Strip processes remove photoresist material after it has served to “protect” certain areas of the wafer surface from being altered. Critical to ensuring finished devices are patterned correctly, these processes must gently yet thoroughly remove photoresist and any residues in and around a range of feature shapes without altering surface materials.
Lam’s production-proven GAMMA product family systems provide the process flexibility needed to carefully and selectively remove all photoresist for a range of critical front-end wafer processing and advanced wafer-level packaging (WLP) applications.
Read more ››
With the semiconductor industry’s migration to ultra-shallow junctions, multiple patterning, ultra low-k dielectrics, 3D architectures, and advanced packaging technologies, photoresist strip processes need to deal effectively with more complex device structures. At the transistor level, small changes in the film as a result of the strip process can affect junction resistivity, junction depth, and dopant activation, thereby affecting device performance. For interconnect structures, unwanted changes in the properties of low-k dielectrics can also impact performance. Photoresist removal can also negatively impact materials used in advanced memory applications. These concerns are driving the development of new photoresist strip processes for advanced technology nodes. Challenges include removing residues, minimizing oxidation and silicon loss, and providing damage-free results, while at the same time delivering high throughput and low cost of ownership.
Lam’s Key Benefits
- Multiple process steps can be performed with maximum flexibility and productivity on the same platform, enabled by Multi-Station Sequential Processing (MSSP) architecture, which allows independent control of temperature, RF power, and chemistry
- Residue-free results with high throughput for both bulk strip and implant strip applications due to enhanced source technology combined with faster wafer heating
- High-productivity strip and descum at low wafer temperatures for advanced packaging applications
- Ultra-low defectivity performance on a single system running a wide range of applications and chemistries
- GAMMA® GxT®
- GAMMA® G400®
- GAMMA® G3D®
- High-dose implant strip (HDIS)
- Bulk strip
- Dry clean
- Redistribution layer (RDL) and pillar strip/descum