Reliant Etch Products
Deep Reactive Ion Etch (DRIE) Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) Reliant Systems
Advanced Memory, Analog & Mixed Signal, Discrete & Power Devices, Interconnect, Optoelectronics & Photonics, Packaging, Patterning, Sensors & Transducers, Transistor
Etch technology is used in all semiconductor device manufacturing processes to carve out the features that form transistors, contacts, and metal wiring structures of a semiconductor device. Several emerging markets, including micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and power chips, use multiple device types, some with larger and/or less complex features and new materials than those in current technology nodes. As such, they pose additional manufacturing requirements and require new strategies for managing production.
Lam’s Reliant® etch products include production-proven solutions that deliver the reliable performance at high productivity and low cost of ownership (CoO) needed for these applications.
The “more than Moore” markets – including MEMS, power devices, and the Internet of Things (IoT) – are driving the need for low-cost manufacturing solutions with capability to address new etch process requirements. Meeting these remains challenging as the wide variety of device types used and new materials place multiple demands on etch. For example, the primary challenge for chips with large features is achieving high throughput to maintain productivity, while designs with high aspect ratio (HAR) structures need good process control. As the semiconductor industry continues to drive improvements in etch technology and equipment reliability and productivity, those benefits can often be incorporated onto older systems. Performance advances – such as improved profile and critical dimension (CD) control and uniform etching with low defects – and productivity enhancements, including higher system throughput and lower CoO, are particularly useful for addressing the needs of these emerging markets.
Key Customer Benefits
- Superior uniformity and repeatability enabled by symmetrical chamber design, industry-leading electrostatic chuck technology, and independent process tuning features
- High productivity with low defectivity, enabled by in-situ multi-step etch and continuous plasma capabilities
- Advanced control for higher aspect ratio applications
- Low-risk, cost-effective etch solutions for 150 mm to 300 mm wafer sizes through refurbished and new equipment
- Kiyo® family (through Kiyo45™)
- Flex® family (through Flex45™)
- Exelan® family
- DSiE™ family
- TCP® 9400 family
- TCP® 9600 family
- Conductor etch
- Dielectric etch
- Metal etch
- Etch of specialty films (lead zirconate titanate [PZT], GaN, AIGaN, SiC, etc.)
- Deep silicon etch for MEMS, power device, and TSV etch applications