Reliant Deposition Products
Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) High-Density Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (HDP-CVD) Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) Reliant Systems
Advanced Memory, Analog & Mixed Signal, Discrete & Power Devices, Interconnect, Optoelectronics & Photonics, Packaging, Patterning, Sensors & Transducers, Transistor
Used throughout chip manufacturing, deposition processes lay down a wide range of conducting and insulating materials on the wafer that help form the components and wiring of a semiconductor device. For non-traditional chip markets such as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and power devices, the numerous feature shapes and different materials involve additional manufacturing requirements.
Lam’s Reliant® deposition product family includes production-proven deposition solutions that deliver the process flexibility, reliable performance at high productivity, and low cost of ownership (CoO) needed for these applications.
In recent years, the semiconductor industry has expanded to new segments such as MEMS, power chips, radio frequency (RF) filters, and CMOS image sensors (CIS) that enable greater connectivity, more powerful imaging, and a host of other market-driven capabilities. Because of the variety requirements used in their manufacture, deposition technologies must be capable of addressing numerous material and performance needs. In addition, these chips have device features that are larger and less complex than chip designs at advanced technology nodes and often do not require the latest deposition capabilities. Thus, a key challenge for these segments is to achieve low-cost production, including high throughput and low CoO, on high-performance equipment that improves deposition uniformity, film stress control, and defectivity.
Key Customer Benefits
- Flexibility for addressing a wide range of process requirements enabled by Multi-Station Sequential Deposition (MSSD)
- Enhanced film uniformity across the wafer surface
- Repeatable film properties with excellent stress stability
- High-productivity due to high-throughput and efficient wafer handling design
- Production-proven, low CoO solutions from 150 mm to 300 mm
- Concept Two® ALTUS® (200 mm)
- Concept Two® SEQUEL® (200 mm, 150 mm)
- Concept Two® SPEED® (200 mm)
- SPEED® Max (300 mm)
- VECTOR® (300 mm, 200 mm)
- Chemical vapor deposition (CVD) tungsten
- High-density plasma (HDP)-CVD gap-fill oxide
- Plasma-enhanced CVD (PECVD) silane oxide, nitride, and oxynitride
- PECVD TEOS oxide
- Doped oxides (boron phosphorous)